Thanks to everyone for the great turnout at the March 10, 2010 Sweets and Tweets and to tech celeb and friend Anil Dash for his terrific presentation on Expert Labs and how the social Web can connect ordinary citizens to Washington policymakers. It was the fourth in my continuing cupcake salon, making it the one-year anniversary.
The event features DC’s smartest geeks talking about the impact of social media on government and business. And of course it’s a chance for DC’s digerati to rub shoulders and to eat cupcakes at the very cool Baked and Wired in Georgetown. I am sorry if I didn’t get a chance to say hi to everyone last night – it was packed. Great coverage of the event below.
Le tout DC 2.0 attends.
– Lewis Shepherd, director of the Microsoft Institute for Advanced Technology in Governments
Check out some great photos from the event thanks to @ClearedJobsNet. Watch the replay of the livestreamed VIDEO thanks to @digiphile. Read @KStreetKate‘s write-up on NBCWashington.com. Check out the Twitter coverage at #sweetevent. More photos TK.
Thanks to Sweets and Tweets sponsors, including Microsoft U.S. Public Sector, INgage Networks (formerly Neighborhood America) and Genius Rocket. If you’re interested in sponsoring a future event, give Debbie a holler at debbie[dot]weil[at]gmail.com or 202.255.1467.
Useful Links and Coverage
- Creating Dot Com Communities That Work – .Gov is the NEW .Com (Alexander Howard in the Huffington Post)
- Anil Dash Hosts a Sweet Event With DC’s Digerati (NBCWashington.com)
- Anil Dash writes about Expert Labs, ThinkTank, Gina Trapani and Our Grand Challenges
- Social Media Guru Praises Emerging ‘Start-up Culture’ in DC (Samuel Knight for OhMyGov)
- The Real Gov 2.0 Challenge? Listening (Steve Lunceford for GovTwit)
- Anil Dash Gives a “Cupcake Talk” About Government and Technology in Georgetown (Mark Drapeau)
- Listening to America: Social media flips at Sweets ‘n Tweets in DC by David James
- How Anil Dash Applies the Lessons of Web 2.0 to Government (Fast Company Who’s Who Interview)
- Anil Dash on Government, Entrepreneurship and the Future of the Social Web (SmartBrief on Social Media)
- Sweets and Tweets Get Traction in DC With Cupcakes and Gov 2.0 (Nov. 17, 2009)
Sweets and Tweets Event Series
The best way to hear about the next Sweets and Tweets is to follow me on Twitter @debbieweil. If you’re interested in being a sponsor, email me at debbie[dot]weil[at]gmail.com or give me a buzz at 202.255.1467.
- Sweets and Tweets #1 – Andrew P. Wilson of HHS on Using Social Media in a Crisis (April 1, 2009)
- Sweets and Tweets #2 – Mark Walsh on Crowdsourcing Almost Everything (July 9, 2009)
- Sweets and Tweets #3 – Mark Drapeau on the Two Dirtiest Words in Gov 2.0 (Nov. 17, 2009)
- Sweets and Tweets #4 – Anil Dash on Dot Gov as the New Dot Com (March 10, 2010)
Click on the links above to go to the event pages. Then scroll down to see the list of attendees. It’s a who’s who of DC’s digerati.